To play, press and hold the enter key. To stop, release the enter key.
Maritime Museum, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
The Maritime Museum is a fine granite and bath stone Romanesque revival church of 1837 by Joe Welland with Gothic alterations by Raffles Brown c.1865 and it provided a home for worshipping seafarers when they stopped in Kingstown en route to Dublin. In more recent years it was adapted to house the Maritime Museum. We carried out conservation works to consolidate and restore and repoint the external stonework and brick (exposed as part of the Gothic alterations), the slate roofs and spire and the complete restoration of the badly damaged stained glass windows. The interior works included the repair and restoration of the lime plaster and detailing, restoration of decorative joinery and plasterwork dating from Brown’s alterations and the upgrading of lighting, electrical systems and access to enhance the interiors and to allow for increased flexibility for the upgraded museum.
David Slattery Conservation Architects and Historic Buildings Consultants, Clonskeagh, Dublin 6 ++353 1 269 7357 firstname.lastname@example.org